Tuesday 27 September 2016

Vintage Tea Rooms

Decided on a short road trip to Kilkenny.

Chose The Vintage Tea Room for breakfast as it seemed to get good reviews on review sites.

The interior confused me. They probably ought to look up what vintage is. Parts of it fit the theme but they should ditch the leather chairs they have cos they do NOT match any vintage theme. 



Food was good (not great!)

Here's the breakfast menu:


I had the Soho which was meant to be crispy bacon with cream cheese. It looked good but talk about an overstatement. Crispy bacon should be just that. What I was served was just salty but it was served on lovely lightly toasted ciabatta that was v good. 


The coffee was ok but was served in a teeny cup and I wished it had come in the same sort of cup they bring for tea...


Service was basically offhand at best - bordering on rude at times because I got the impression that the younger staff did NOT want to be there on a Saturday morning.

When we finished I went to pay. It's kind of unclear where you should stand to pay. So haphazard. 

Would I go back? Unfortunately not.

No comments:

Post a Comment