Tuesday 27 September 2016

An impressive new kid in town

Booked Cirillos on Lr Baggot St for food after being to the Boston College / Georgia Tech game a few weeks back. 

We were told we'd have to give the table back within 1.5 hours which was no issue because the service is v efficient. They did manage to take in walkins but it seemed like it was getting v busy so if you're looking to go I'd suggest you book ahead or you can get takeout. 

I was super delighted to discover that I could order an actual white pizza without having to ask for a pizza with no tomato sauce (I don't like tomato sauce on my pizza so? Why is that such a big deal?!) 

Anyhow the three of us ordered the antipasti sharing plate. I loved the cheese and the bread. I didn't get to try the salami, pancetta or the veg but it all looked so so good. You snooze, you lose right? :) 


Shared a bottle of their house red wine which is currently a Sangiovese / Merlot and is v smooth. Kinda far too easy to drink! 

For my main I got a white pizza - Pupillos. That was topped with sweet salami, ricotta, mozzarella and black pepper. Yummo!! The crust was incredible. I'd be the size of a house but would happily eat that ALL day. 


Left room for dessert? Hells yes! I got their special - an extremely light five star tiramisu which I did actually reluctantly share because it was just AMAZING! 



Great food, wine and a little banter with the staff. Who, by the way, are fab. 

Will definitely be back soon. Even if it's just to get takeout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment