Thursday 29 September 2016

Boston mini break - day one

Spent three days in Boson recently... Whirlwind trip really but it was FAB! 

Started off as most (every?) Irish person starts their holiday - with holiday pints! Except I chose prosecco to go with my sausage bagel :) 


They have US Pre Clearance at Dublin Airport. I think it's great except the self service kiosks. I tried to use them but ended up having to queue!  

Here was the view from my seat on approach to Boston on the Aer Lingus flight. Just wow!!


We stayed at the Hilton Downtown / Faneuil Hall. I loved all the vintage telephones I spotted around.



We had a wander along the waterfron then went for a drink at Atlantic Beer Garden which had fab views of Seaport.




For dinner we went to Crush Pizza on State Street. I thought this was like a Pizza Hut or something. It's way way better!!! 

You choose your pizza, it's made there and then and then in it goes to one of their 300 degree wood fired ovens. 

You have the option to build your own pizza - including white pizza but I ordered the bourbon BBQ chicken pizza. Loved the sauce and it was laden with toppings. They finish that pizza with tortilla strips and cilantro. 


Luckily I love both so I really enjoyed it. I had a cider with it as couldn't see any wine.

After there we had a wander around towards the old State House and then through Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market.





We had a drink at Tap Trailhouse. We got a seat at the open window and managed to be entertained by the open air concert nearby :) 

We walked back near North End. Do love all the lights at night.



Finished off the evening with a drink at Warehouse Bar & Grille. I chose to have super classy Underwood Pinot Gris which came in a can :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment