Monday 13 February 2017

Love Luna


Still dislike going out for dinner on Valentine's and this year Sean was going to be away so we booked an early Valentine's dinner at Luna.



Luna is located in a basement beside a car park on Drury Street. You walk down the steps and you are literally transported to Mid-20th century NYC.





Had booked to try the pre-theatre menu (€30 per person for three courses and tea / coffee) but ended up changing to the a la carte menu.

Service was superb! The servers are all suited up by Louis Copeland and in old fashioned velvet jackets.

They do offer to translate the menu but we basically winged it.

Had a glass of cremant bubbly with our starters. We shared a bottle of Nero d'Avola red wine.

I had the tuna carpaccio to start. Was warned it could be spicy but it wasn't overly so. It just melted apart.






For my main I had the fusilli. They grated an ideal amount (lots!) of parmesan over it.





I wasn't sure of everything I was eating (that's what I get for not letting them tell us!) but when our plates were cleared I asked what it was. Turned out it was kale, pork, mozzarella and caper sprouts. Fantastic!

There isn't a dessert menu on the a la carte menu. They bring out an old fashioned dessert trolley and they go through the desserts of the day.







I chose the Luna Rocher which is a giant dark chocolate Ferraro Rocher. Loved the top tip of making sure I held onto it when I sliced into it cos it could've flown off the plate.





Finished with coffee. The biscuit that came with it was so yum!!




As you can see from the photos everything was served on really pretty crockery. On their website it says they were inspired by 1950s Italian restaurants in America and they have it spot on.


I really cannot wait to return.


No comments:

Post a Comment