Wednesday 3 August 2016

Birthday celebrations

Before I go into my fab birthday celebrations I have to admit I started this post just after my birthday but never finished it and the draft has been mocking me - just sitting there in the Blogger App. Think I must've been feeling a little sore about turning 33 (or just getting lazy!) 

Evening began with a glass of wine in the number 27 bar at the Shelbourne. Really decent size glass!!!


Early birthday dinner booked for Shanahans on the green. It was really quiet when we got there! Here's the view from my seat... How beautiful! 



We ordered from their Pre-Theatre menu which is €50 per person for three courses.

I chose the Caesar salad to begin with. Nice and fresh. The salad was crisp and I loved the big parmesan shavings. 


Sean went for the trio of Irish salmon. 


It's years since I ate here but am delighted to see they still serve their chilli cornbread muffin as part of the bread basket (well, board!)!


For main we both had the petit filet (6oz) and both asked for it medium rare. The steaks came with sides (which I didn't realise) including crispy fried onion strings, mashed potato and creamed spinach. The steaks were perfectly cooked. The sides were delicious but huge and we didn't do them anywhere near the justice they deserved!!





For dessert I chose the cookies and cream cheesecake which was heavenly!!!

 
Sean chose the fruit mousse trio.


Unfortunately I did take photos of it all & only spotted this polite request in the bathroom after dinner...


Do you remember when mobiles did actually look like that??? :)

After dinner we had a v romantic drink in P Macs... I had Sirens broken dreams breakfast stout which they have on draft. Really nice. 

If you think it's a hipster joint and not a romantic spot? Check out this photo ;)


Decided we needed to walk dinner off and it was such a nice evening we had a stroll through Stephen's Green


Finished off the night at Alfie Byrnes where I got to try their Acid Mother (a lime gose) which was FAB!!!


So now that I think about it this birthday turned out pretty alright!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment