Monday 28 March 2016

Easter 2016

For this years Easter Brunch we chose to go to Cleaver East (on Essex Street - part of the Clarence Hotel)


Parliament Street was closed off for the Rising commemoration but a very nice Garda let us through :)

We were a bit early so we took in some of the parade... Managed to get a good spot to see the viewing screen erected at the side of Dublin Castle...




We also walked further down through Temple Bar until we got to where the crowd was a little thinner (probably because most people had moved with the parade towards O'Connell St)



And so to brunch...

The view from my seat:



They had a set menu. Two courses for €25.00 or three courses for €30.00. 


We chose to go for two courses. 

My main was the buttermilk chicken served with a sweet Belgian waffle, crispy bacon and a spicy maple syrup. Ah-may-zing!!! Also got a side of sweet potato fries to share. 



Sean chose their mac n cheeee ball. I got to try a teeny bit of his - the pesto mayo was super good! 


I chose to go for their bottomless mimosas and Sean went with bottomless bellinis. They mean bottomless. The glasses don't get below half full (half empty?!) and they'll only stop refilling when you tell them to!!


Dessert then I had the brioche French toast. This came with pecan praline, maple syrup and honeycomb ice-cream. Just wow! Loved all the textures :) 


Sean chose the potted Madagascan vanilla cheesecake with lime (I think) and blackberry curd. 


We were finishing up (had asked for the bill) when it started to lash rain. One of the servers came over with the jugs of mimosa and Bellini and was like you so don't want to go out in that so let me top up your glass :)
I'm so glad he did - would've been drenched otherwise!! 

The staff were so nice, attentive but not OTT. The backs of their t-shirts amused me greatly. My favourite was probably "a balanced diet is a glass of wine in each hand" :) 

All told this was probably my favourite meal of 2016 to date.  Definitely the best brunch I've tried! 


No comments:

Post a Comment